Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Carter's First ER Visit!

On 08/08/08 I was taking Carter to the bathroom at the gym when he decided to run up onto the stool he stands on to reach the potty. Well, the stool slipped out from underneath him and he bashed his chin on the toilet and then the floor. His chin split right open and immediately started to bleed. My thinking was 'oh great' because I knew we would be spending the next few hours at the hospital and I knew he was going to get wrapped up like a mummy and I was going to have to hold him down. All the times I had to do this to other kids in the ER I always thought that I was soooo glad I haven't had to do this to my own child! I called Logan at work and he was able to come home early to help me out. While waiting for his turn, Carter was running around the hospital like nothing had happened, but once he got into the room and wrapped up, he wasn't happy. He did pretty good considering the circumstances and ended up with three stitches. Hopefully we won't have to go back any time soon!



No comments: