Monday, April 7, 2008

He's Finally Here!

Hunter Logan Sheffield arrived on Friday, April 4th at 3:00 pm. I had a stress test that morning and was experiencing some uncomfortable, but non-painful contractions during the procedure. Then my water "kind of" broke. The nurse wanted me to verify this with a doctor, but they were all too busy and she told me to come back at 1:30 pm. By 12:30 pm I was having the kind of contractions that are hard to talk through. Then at the doctor's appointment it was confirmed that my water had indeed ruptured and she sent me up to Labor and Delivery. Now for the fun part...we arrived at L&D at 2:20 pm and had little Hunter at 3:00 pm. The nurse barely got an IV in me and I was sadly informed that there was no time for an epidural or any pain meds at all! I always wanted to go natural, but never thought it would be possible. Overall it was a pretty intense hour, (still not quite sure if I would voluntarily want to do it again) but the recovery was much better. Logan says he wants to do it like this all the time; easy for him to say! Anyway, we got home yesterday and things are going pretty well. The big brothers are excited to have mom and baby brother home and I'm thankful to have Logan and my mom around for the help (because I really need it).


Proud Daddy!

Mom, still in a state of "did this all just really happen?"

Sweet little Hunter (we didn't choose his name until Sunday). It's hard to agree the third time around!

The boys came right over to the hospital to see their new baby brother.

Collin loves holding and taking care of Hunter!

Carter likes to hold him too, but only for about five seconds, then he's "all done".

Proud Grandma!

Just the boys!

Whose kid is this? I have no idea who he looks like! And look at all of that hair; he already needs a haircut!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Theose pics of the boys kissing him are sooo cute. I still am not sure where that baby came from??

~Cami

Christiansen Clan said...

YAY!!! So excited for your sweet little family!
--Amy

Jill said...

Congratulations! I saw your blog through Kacey's and thought I'd say hi. 3 boys! You have your hands full! Hope you guys are doing well. We are living in Connecticut--Paul loves school and I think he wants to be a student forever. I keep telling him we have to make money soon! Good luck with your new baby. And Heather you look fantastic. Did you really just have your 3rd baby!?
-Jill & Paul Tanner

hope2adoptbaby said...

I can't believe how much hair Hunter has! So glad that everyone is doing well and that he's finally here.! Give all the boys kisses for us. Shelby

The Carter Family said...

Congrats! I have been checking your blog waiting to see if you had your baby. He is so cute! you will love having 3 boys. I do. I am glad everything went well.

Jenny and Jared said...

Congratulations!!! I have been checking your blog every night to see if you had the baby yet! You would think I would just call you but I don't think of it until late at night. He is darling and I love his name. 9 lbs 3 oz? You go girl!! My last child was almost half that size. :-) Sorry to brag. Check out that hair. Love it!
Jenny

LagaFamily said...

He has so much hair! Congrats. Give all the boys kisses for us.
-Kacey

Lynley said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! You look beautiful right after delivery! I can't believe you had to do it natural! That's like my nightmare! You go girl! I can't believe all that dark hair! And I love the name Hunter!